As materials, I chose a Lauri70 Blade, a brass fitting, reindeer antler, walnut wood, buffalo horn and leather. And a little mother of pearl thingy.
I measured and cut everything and wrote numbers and marks on it to be sure the direction of the grain was right in the end.
Then the smelly part ;) I set the parts in plce with epoxy glue and clamped the knife. To make sure that the preassure didn't affect the blade, I cut a slot (just a bit longer than the blade) into a strip of wood and placed the blade in the slot.
After drying, I rasped, filed and sanded the handle. Looked more like a knife now! ;)
I decided to carve the antler part. I found a beautiful pattern from the Isle of Man (fig. 28 - 3).
Then I set a little drop shaped mother of pearl chip into the back of the handle and oiled the whole thing.
I have made a knife!